Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day 9, 1,589 pages read

AHHHHHHHHH! My eyes are burning! They are watering so badly that I can barely see to type this, so forgive me if I have more typos than usual. I read close to 300 hundred pages today. I had to force myself to stop after falling asleep twice with the book lying precariously on my chest and waking up from strange dreams that included me being Hermione and telling both Krum and Ron to get off it and going to dance with Harry, who seemed very pleased with the outcome. Anyway, I hope that I have a good rest tonight so that I can finish Goblet of Fire and begin Order of the Phoenix tomorrow. Let me just fangirl for a moment and say that I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL COLIN AND DENNIS ARE IN DUMBLEDORE'S ARMY!

Now that that is over with, on to Ron and Hermione analysis. Where to begin. Ok well first off I guess I should address something that has bothered me for a long while. When I read this book when I was in fifth grade, so I was ten, I knew that Ron was crushing on Hermione, and she was totally sighing about him in her dormitory and scribbling his name and hers all over spare pieces of parchment. I guess it must be a girl thing because when I talked about it with the other girls who had read the book they were all convinced as well, (apart from some nutters who wanted her to be with Harry because they thought Daniel was cute) but talking to the boys, they all thought that Hermione wouldn't end up with either of the two. WHAT?! I don't know what was wrong with you boys back then, maybe it was that you didn't recognize feelings for girls that way yet because you were more concerned with how the hell Ash was going to beat the Kanto League and if there was a new way to scare the pants off that girl you sit next to in class, not knowing that you are acting EXACTLY like Ron and believing that you only like her as a friend, but you totally didn't get it, and it is so painfully obvious!

Here are some key points to prove that Ron is actually feeling different toward Hermione:
(Yes, I am pulling out the bullet points!)

  • Josh made this clear in his blog post a few days ago about Ron seeming to look at Hermione in a new light. So basically Ron said, hey you're a girl. Go with one of us! But he was really thinking, hey you're a girl, and you're actually pretty, go with me, not Harry!
  • Ok so once they are at the Yule Ball, it is so clear that Ron is pissed that Hermione was not lying about being asked to the ball already, and not only is she going with someone other than him, she is going with the guy he idolizes! Betrayal beyond words for Ron Weasley. Jealousy like he has never felt before in his life all in one glare. "You're fraternizing with the enemy!" Really Ron? That was all you could come up with to hide the fact that you are sore that you don't get to dance and look at Hermione for four hours? Lame.
  • After the Yule Ball, Hermione basically tells us what the hell is going on between her and Ron. She, like every other girl who is reading the series, has cottoned on that Ron is jealous of Krum and wanted to take her to the ball. "You know what the solution is then, don't you? Next time there's a ball ask me before someone else does, and not as a last resort!" Then Ron, being a dumb boy, can only gape at her disappearing form like a codfish and then splutter to Harry that she was 'totally missing the point.' Yeah half of the readers know she hit the nail on the head Ron. Nice try.
  • A favorite bit of evidence of mine that Ron has now got it bad for Hermione is that, there is a lone figurine arm, that has quidditch robes on it that looks exactly like the ones that belonged to a walking Krum that he had purchased at the Quidditch World Cup lying dismally under Ron's bed. Hmmm. I can only imagine a very red faced Ron snatching the figurine Krum up after the Yule ball and ripping him to bits.
  • This is the last bit I read before I had to stop today. Ron has found out from an article that Rita Skeeter wrote on Hermione that Krum has asked her to come visit him over the summer and that he has never felt this way about another girl before. He didn't believe it at first considering it is Rita we are talking about, but as Hermione wondered outwardly how she could've found that out, Ron was forced to believe it as true. His reaction is enough to predict their future wedding. "'....how did she know Victor asked me to visit him over the summer?' Hermione blushed scarlet as she said this and determinedly avoided Ron's eyes."-SEE!-"'What?' said Ron, dropping his pestle with a loud clank. 'He asked me right after he pulled me out of the lake...' ...'And what did you say?' said Ron, who had picked up his pestle and was grinding it on the desk, a good six inches from his bowl, because he was looking at Hermione." Hermione blushes for a bit and talks on. "'And what did you say?' Ron repeated, pounding his pestle down so hard that it dented" -Holy shit!-"the desk." Ok, boy, you have got it bad, and you can't see her blushing? She just tells you that she didn't even answer krum because she was too worried about Harry and YOU! How obvious does a girl have to make it that she likes you?! I know that a famous quiddtich player is showing her a whole bunch of attention, but she basically told you to ask her out next time there was a ball. She doesn't want to tell you about what Krum said because she knew how you would react! She didn't want you to start fighting with her again! Aish Ron. You really have a thick skull.
I'm too tired to quote anything, but I found it funny when Harry calls Rita a cow and Dumbledore pretends to go deaf so that he didn't hear it. Pretty funny, and also when Ron is saying to Hermione that Rita has made her out to be some sort of scarlet woman! Good stuff.

There's something that I've been really thinking about, that is making me wish that I was at the pensieve chapter, but I am not, so I'll have to keep quiet about that for now, but I am about to go into a deep character analysis on someone who I was always curious about before. You're in store for a very good blog tomorrow. I've left off where Barty Crouch was acting like a madman to Harry and stunned Krum, and Harry has been taken back to the Gryffindor common room by Hagrid. Almost done with four!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment