Thursday, July 14, 2011

Day 18, 4,100 pages read - COMPLETED

As I read the last line in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, a wave of emotions overwhelmed me. I felt as if I had closed the book of my childhood. I would be returning, tonight, to reopen and glance back at what I had closed temporarily; however, watching the film adaptation of the love of my childhood, I know that I have said my last farewell to the boy who lived. Of course Harry will always be in my heart, and I can go back and remind myself just how magical he had made twelve years of my life. At the same time I feel somewhat grounded, as if I've been soaring on a broomstick this whole time, and I've finally won the quidditch cup. I have positioned myself serenely on earth with wonderful memories that I will carry for the rest of my life. I have all of this, thanks to a woman who wanted to share her love for the written word with the world, and she wanted to spread the message that nothing, absolutely nothing, was more important than love. I believe that she is a gift to us all, having touched so many lives, that she has taught us all well, and how to live our lives with as much heart as possible. For this, I thank you Jo, and from every inch of my heart, I mean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment