Friday, July 1, 2011

Day 5, 860 pages read

Gah! I only read 100 pages today. I am getting super behind. I am going to have to do a big haul tomorrow, and really knuckle down so I can keep up and achieve my goal.

A few things I noticed while reading PoA was how there are more details about the wizarding world in this novel. We obviously saw the owls delivering mail, quidditch, and floo powder in the last two books, but the world Harry belongs to is becoming more real as each book is written, and it is really becoming apparent in this one, and that may be why I love this one more than the first two. Jo introduces us to Hogsmeade, which gives us another look at the wizarding world and its culture. I just love the Honeydukes Sweet shop scene. Jo paints the picture so well, and I am always in awe of all of the sweets she created for the books!

One scene that I always loved, and still do, when I was a kid, was the boggart scene. It always made me wonder what my biggest fear was. Thinking back, I do believe that my biggest fear was Samara from theat awful movie The Ring, but what I would do to make her comical was have her trip and fall as she came out of the tv. Now that I am older I am scared of more real things, I believe that a boggart would turn into the dead body of my father. That's somewhat similar to Molly Weasley later on in the series, but I am not sure how to make that comical. Possibly have him jump up and start pretending to play the guitar and sing in his long lost voice that left him after he starting smoking years ago.

Harry just found out that Sirius is his godfather, and that is where I have left off for the night. Hopefully I can have a longer update tomorrow. I am a bit disappointed with myself, but you should blame it all on Carola, who allowed me to watch K-Pop music videos all day. Those darn Koreans always screwing with my priorities....

No comments:

Post a Comment