Monday, July 4, 2011

Day 6/7, 1,025 pages read

I am falling behind the boys. A lot of girls will be horrified if I don't get a move on, and I will never forgive myself if I fail this challenge. I finished three two days ago and read nothing of four yesterday. I've done the math and now I HAVE to read 272 pages everyday before the premiere. It's gonna be a miracle if I pull this off. I think I'll just have to read a whole bunch of four today, which shouldn't be a problem because four was my all time favorite before I re-read five.

Book 3:

There is so much that I wanted to cover on three, but now I can't remember. I feel like I am back in AP English, and I have to type up an essay on Heart of Darkness, but I haven't really understood what happened. Of course I know what happened in three, but there is going to be a lot of stuff that I miss because I haven't been writing anything down or marking things with post-its. I HAVE NO POST-ITS! It is criminal, yes; therefore, to abide by the law, I shall buy some. I believe the Zach and Josh police will be giving me my first official, 'Your blog was crap! Give us your sword of Gryffindor!' warning, and I am not giving back that beauty that they so kindly gave me almost a year ago.

Ok so covering the book. Overall I was very refreshed while reading three. The ending was different from the first two in the fact that the school doesn't know about the end of the year escapades that Harry, Ron, and Hermione participated in, and it isn't necessarily a win-win for them either. Sirius escapes from the dementor's kiss, but Harry won't be able to live with him.

Something that I really liked was how Hermione got to have a turn to work with Harry at the end. In two, Ron was the one with Harry down in the Chamber since Hermione is petrified, but in three Ron is in no fit state to go with them on the time traveling trip, so it's just Hermione. I was happy to see the difference between Ron and Hermione in the time of need. Ron is braver and less scared than Hermione when it comes to helping Harry, but Hermione has her head kept tight on, instead of the other two who will lose all abandon and probably get themselves killed by being so foolhardy. Zach mentioned Ron's role in the trio and how he finally figured out that Ron is the link between the trio and the wizarding world. This is true, but I also think that Ron is the character that Harry can always fall back on, and when he isn't there in four and seven for Harry, you can see a distinct change in the way Harry acts. It is just Jo showing how important all types of love are, especially that of friendship. Harry and Hermione are friends yes, but it is odd without the link of Ron there to hold them all together. When Hermione is in a fight with Ron in three, Harry feels bad for her, but Ron is there with him, so he gets on fine without her. When Ron is gone it is a completely different situation, and we'll see about that when the time comes in four where Ron gets a good taste of jealousy for Harry's fame.

Onto the development of Ron and Hermione. Those two with their fighting. It's funny how they don't know what their feelings mean yet.

On to FOUR!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. NO POST-ITS?!?!?!? Haha just kidding. You don't need post-its to have a good blog...... you need 'em to have a GREAT BLOG!!! Haha no, just kidding again. Your blog rocks post-its or not.
    Aaaaanyway, I love what you said about Ron just being a constant good friend. Of course, they have their fight in GoF, but after that their friendship is even stronger.

    ReplyDelete