Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 17, 3,822 pages read

I thought that it would be a good spot to leave off right after Dobby's death for tonight since that is where part one ended. I cried like a hysterical person when I saw him die in the movie, and I just broke down again. There are tear stains all over the page, and it got really hard at times to read it since my eyes were welling up so badly that I couldn't even see. Dobby is definitely one of my favorite characters, and I love him.

When I read this book first time round, I had to do a sneaker and look through the pages I haven't read yet to see when Ron would come back. I know! I'm bad, but I couldn't keep on reading without knowing that he was going to come back. Thankfully he was only gone for sixty-one pages. Is it pathetic that I've got them counted? I don't care. I love Ron. I love all of the good guys! It just goes to show you though how important Ron's dynamic is in the trio. Harry and Hermione don't talk when he's not there. He really holds the group together when he and Hermione haven't fallen out and it's Harry who keeps them in a group.

This may seem super cheesey, but I love what Jo did with Ron and the Deluminator. I can't believe that I never really caught this before, but that ball of light takes Ron to where his heart is leading him! He hears Hermione speak his name from the Deluminator, and then he clicked it, and the ball of light showed up outside the window. He went to it and it went right into his chest to his heart, giving Ron the ability to Apparate where ever his heart wanted to go. He wanted to be back with his friends to help, but the stronger desire, I think, was that he wanted to be with Hermione. That's why he heard her speak his name. It just goes to show you how compassionate Jo is, and that she is so smart in telling us to follow our hearts.

I'll be reading the last 288 pages tomorrow before the premiere, so I'll have an update before the movie, and then one on the movie after I've seen it. I warn you for a long one tomorrow, as I will be going into depth on the unfairness of Colin Creevey's death. What? I just like the kid. I know he's not all that important, but I think Jo made a mistake with that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment